Security Surveillance Solution
Biometric solutions can be classified into two groups, based on the their biometric factor type
Based on a physiological factor, examples are fingerprint recognition and iris recognition
Based on a behavioral factor, examples are voice pattern recognition and keystroke dynamics
There are many factors which can in theory be used as a biometric solution to be applied for authentication or identification. For such a factor to be suitable, it must meet the following criteria:
- Universality - The biometric factor must be something everyone possesses.
- Exclusivity - The factor should be able to separate one individual from another. The process must be possible and not overly expensive.
- Perpetuity - How well the biometric factor resists the effect of time.
- Collectability - It should be possible and not overly expensive or time consuming to measure the factor.
- Adequacy - Biometrics is not always very well accepted. This is generally dependent on people's view is on how invasive a certain technique is.
- Evasion - How easily the biometric factor can be imitated.
- Performance - The speed, the accuracy and the robustness
- Fingerprint recognition
- Eye recognition
- Face recognition
- Voice recognition
Biometrics can be applied for authentication - verifying that a person is who he claims to be - and for identification - determining who the person is based on the measured biometric factor.
Any application requiring authentication or identification can make use of biometrics. Few examples are:
- Time attendance systems
- Access control to computer systems or portable media
- Physical access control
- Loyalty card or other customer systems
The main reasons to go for biometrics are to increase security while decreasing the burden of keeping keys, remembering passwords, etc.
Types of CCTV Cameras
Closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras produce images or recordings for surveillance purposes and can be either video cameras or digital stills cameras.
- Digital Video Cameras
- Digital Still Cameras